Ranking is based on games played through last Monday
(This week. Last week.)
1. 1. Yorktown (8-1): Once he finds the cage in big games, Michael Dedvukaj scores in bunches.
2. 2. Bronxville (6-2): Followed up a humbling loss with a pair of noteworthy wins.
3. 4. Pleasantville (9-0): Definitely sold a few tickets for next month’s Class C final.
4. 5. Fox Lane (6-1): Thomas Tenney is leaving a lasting impression on each opponent.
5. 8. Fordham Prep (6-1): In the midst of a difficult stretch with Wilton and St. Anthony’s up next.
6. 7. Hen Hud (6-3): Sailors are good enough to win out.
7. 3. Iona Prep (3-3): It was a very difficult week for a team short on experience in big games.
8. 10. White Plains (6-0): The face-off wins by Kevin Trapp keep a shaky defense out of harm’s way.
9. – Mahopac (5-3): Indians have an emerging star in Dan Foley.
10. – John Jay (3-5): A three game winning streak has restored a measure of confidence.
On the bubble: Pelham (7-1), Mamaroneck (3-5), Rye Country Day (5-0), Harrison (7-0), Suffern (5-2), Briarcliff (8-1), Arlington (3-4), Wappingers (6-1).
1. Fox Lane
2. White Plains
2. Hen Hud
3. John Jay
5. Putnam Valley
1. Fordham Prep
2. Iona Prep
3. Rye Country Day
Game of the week
Chaminade at Yorktown
Saturday, 2 p.m.
The Flyers are currently No. 13 in the Under Armour/Inside Lacrosse national high school power rankings, so this will be another major test for the Huskers, who have to focus on a showdown with Fox Lane on Thursday before they can start thinking about this one. Sectional opponents are not pushing Yorktown, which has only played one game that was decided by fewer than seven goals.