• Siegel High Baseball Camp: The camp is for ages 5 through rising eighth-graders and will be 6-8 p.m. July 7-9 at the Siegel High baseball field. Onsite registration will be 5:30-6 p.m. July 7.
Cost is $50 with a $10 sibling discount. There is a $5 discount if you pre-register. Checks and release forms should be sent to Siegel Baseball, 3300 Siegel Road, Murfreesboro, TN 37129. A release form can be found at SiegelStarsBaseball.com. Contact coach Craig Reavis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Campers should bring a baseball glove, baseball pants, hat, bat, batting helmet, baseball shoes and tennis shoes. The camp will be moved inside if it rains.
• Blackman Boys Basketball Camp: The camp will be 9 a.m.-noon July 13-15 at Blackman High for grades kindergarten-eighth grade.
Cost is $55. Contact Blackman coach Barry Wortman at 865-360-5166 or assistant Wes Lambert at 865-806-8652 for more details.
• Stewarts Creek Boys Basketball Kids Camp: The camp will be 8 a.m.-noon July 13-16 at the Stewarts Creek High School gymnasium.
The camp is for boys in first through eighth grades.
Cost is $65 for one week of camp. Cost is $75 per camper at the door.
Every camper will receive a basketball and a T-shirt.
Contact Stewarts Creek coach Kris Hooper at email@example.com for more information. Checks can be made payable to Stewarts Creek Basketball Camp, Attention: Boys Basketball Kris Hooper, 301 Red Hawk Pkwy, Smyrna, TN, 37167.
• Smyrna Parks 5K run and 1-mile race: The 17th annual race will take place at 7:30 a.m. on Aug. 1 at Sharp Springs Park in Smyrna.
Cost for the event is $25 if participants pre-register or $30 on the day of the race.
Registration forms are available at the Smyrna Parks Athletics Office, Fleet Feet Sports in Murfreesboro and Academy Sports and Outdoors in Smyrna. Participants may also register at Active.com.
In-store registration at Academy Sports and Outdoors from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. on July 25. Running packets can be picked up from 11 a.m. until 6 p.m. on July 31.
Awards will be given for overall winners and in each age group spanning five-year increments, and the race will be run on a USA Track and Field-certified course.
For additional information, contact race director Marty Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or 615-406-4600.
• Murfreesboro Soccer Club camps, registration: Registration is open and underway for MSC’s recreational and select summer camps and the 2015/2016 Select Strikers and recreational soccer program.
Recreational camps are available for ages 5-12. The junior camp for ages 5-8 runs 9 a.m.-noon July 13-17. Cost is $150. The senior camp for ages 9-12 runs 9 a.m.-noon July 20-24. Cost is $150.
Each camp will focus on individual player development as well as improving team play. The curriculum for each camp includes ball control, dribbling, passing, goal scoring, one-on-one play and team shape. All campers will receive a soccer ball and camp T-shirt.
MSC also offers select summer camps annually for players ages 8-17. Every child who has been playing soccer on a select team is encouraged to attend. Ivan Jackson, MSC director of coaching, will lead the camp, which will be at Richard Siegel Soccer Park. Please register online at Murfreesborosoccer.com.
The junior camp is for ages 8-11 from 9 a.m.-noon through Friday. Cost is $175.
The camp focuses on individual player development through technical, tactical and functional training, includes small group training, small-sided games and 11-on-11 games. Each camp participant will receive a ball, T-shirt and swag bag.
Sign-up is underway for the fall recreational program for ages 4-18. New this year is the opportunity to register for both the fall and spring seasons. Registration fees start at $65 per season for the youngest children ($110 for both fall and spring) to $90 per season ($165 for both fall and spring). Practice begins in early August. All details at murfreesborosoccer.com.
• La Vergne Volleyball camp: La Vergne High will sponsor a camp for children from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. July 11. Cost is $25 and includes a pizza lunch. Fax (615-904-3871) or email the following info to email@example.com: name, grade, school, email, phone number. Money due by July 8.
• MTSU Volleyball Camp: MTSU will sponsor a variety of volleyball camps this summer.
It will hold a team camp July 16-18 and July 27-29. It also will hold an all-skills camp July 20-22, a passing and defense/libero camp, general hitters/setters camp and elite hitters/setters camp July 26-27.
Call 615-631-9582 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
A camp brochure can be found online at go<DP>blueraiders.com by clicking on Fan Zone and then camps, where there is a 2015 camp brochure link available under volleyball.
Note: Email your recreational briefs and camp listings to email@example.com.