A few basketball recruiting notes to catch up on (it’s been a busy time for football the last couple weeks):
• On the girls’ side, Heritage Christian guard Tyasha Harris has narrowed her list of more than 60 offers down to 10. The 5-10 Harris, ranked No. 10 in the 2016 class by ESPN, will consider (in alphabetical order): Evansville, Florida State, Iowa, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan State, Ohio State, Purdue, Rutgers and South Carolina.
Here’s a look at Harris from a July story. She has helped Heritage Christian to back-to-back Class 2A titles.
• I wondered back in the spring why 6-11 Malik Williams, a 2017 prospect from Fort Wayne Snider, didn’t have more offers than Indiana and Toledo. No more wondering. Williams added an offer from Michigan State late last week and was also offered by Cincinnati, Purdue and Xavier at the end of July.
Rivals national recruiting analyst Eric Bossi mentioned Williams as a “stock riser” in the summer. He is ranked No. 47 in the 2017 class by Rivals.
• Tate Hall, a 6-5 senior at Greenfield-Central, committed to the University of Indianapolis on Thursday. Hall averaged 15.6 points and 5.5 rebounds as a junior at Greenfield-Central.
• Tindley guard Eric Hunter (2018) will take an unofficial visit to Xavier on Saturday. He’ll also participate in Purdue’s elite camp next weekend.
• Other recent offers: Pike guard Justin Roberts (2017) picked up his first offer from IUPUI. … Noblesville forward John Kiser (2016) was offered by Division II Hillsdale College. … Cathedral guard Jordan Walker’s (2016) most recent offer is from South Alabama. He also has offers from Austin Peay, Cornell and Morehead State.