1. Kimberly (8-2): Papermakers take over top sport after 3-2 victory over Appleton North on Tuesday.
2. Appleton North (7-2): Lightning offense among state’s best.
3. St. Mary Central (5-1): Zephyrs tied atop the Olympian with Wrightstown.
5. Fox Valley Lutheran (9-4): Foxes record sweep of Little Chute earlier this week and are undefeated in Eastern Valley at 6-0.
4. Freedom (7-3): Irish have next four games at home including doubleheader against Xavier on Saturday.
Others: Hortonville (7-4), Brillion (7-3), Clintonville (7-2).
1. Kaukauna (13-0): Ghosts are top-ranked team in state and have the roster to do something special this season. Face Kimberly in doubleheader on Friday.
2. Kimberly (9-1): Face Kaukauna in doubleheader on Friday that could have ramifications in the Fox Valley Association title race.
3. Hortonville (9-2): Polar Bears get close-game experience in tough 4-3 loss to Stevens Point last Saturday.
4. Freedom (9-0): Irish don’t face Eastern Valley team with winning record until May 11.
5. New London (12-2): Bulldogs ranked No. 2 in Division 2 by WFSCA/wissports.net.
Others: Xavier (7-1), Shiocton (11-1), Weyauwega-Fremont (12-2), Wrightstown (12-3).
TWEETS OF THE WEEK
Proud of my teammate @jessica_lyn0521 for getting the girls pole vaulting record tonight 👊🏼👊🏼— megs (@megann_justicee) April 29, 2015
– Megan Justice, Kaukauna girls’ track and field.https://twitter.com/tswanny07/status/593200900388323328
– Tyler Swanlund, Winneconne boys’ track and field
PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
(From April 23-29)
Megan Kleist, Kimberly softball: Kleist batted 9-of-15 for the Papermakers with three doubles, a home run and a triple and six RBI in wins against Fond du Lac, Appleton West, Green Bay Preble, Kenosha Bradford and Ashwaubenon last week and on Saturday.
Nick Goudreau, Appleton East baseball: Goudreau tossed a complete-game one-hitter in leading the Patriots to a 2-1 victory over second-ranked Oshkosh North last Thursday. Goudreau also had a RBI for the Patriots.
Tatiana Sotka, Waupaca girls’ track: Sotka won the 100- and 200-meter dashes for the Comets and was also the anchor leg on their first-place 1,600-meter relay team to lead her team to the team title at the Waupaca County Track and Field Meet on Saturday.
Justin Scoville, Freedom baseball: Scoville became the program’s all-time win leader with 13 after pitching a complete game in a 5-1 victory over Fox Valley Lutheran last Thursday.
Brice Swick, Kimberly baseball: The senior limited Appleton North to only three hits in Kimberly’s 3-2 victory over the Lightning on Tuesday. Swick struck out three to get the win.
— Ricardo Arguello: 920-993-1000, ext. 558, or firstname.lastname@example.org; on Twitter @PCRicardo