COLCHESTER – Madison Finelli knocked in a goal and dished out an assist to pace the Colchester offense in a win over St. Johnsbury in high school girls soccer on Friday.
Brenna McMannon also tallied for the Lakers (7-0) and Katie White added a helper. Gaby Gosselin had four saves.
Audra Shield-Taylor made 18 saves in goal for the Hilltoppers (4-3) and Katherine Cowan accounted for the squad’s goal.
• South Burlington 2, Essex 0: Cam Peyko finished off a free kick to break a scoreless tie and lift South Burlington past visiting Essex.
Posie Nash-Gibney had the other Rebels’ tally and Bailey Burt made three saves to earn the shutout. South Burlington moves to 3-4.
Hannah Bovee had four saves in goal for the Hornets (4-3).
• Champlain Valley 3, North Country 0: Jackie Casson scored twice and Champlain Valley overwhelmed host North Country.
Leah Gagliuso also had a goal for the Redhawks (6-1) and Michaela Flore made two saves.
Roxann Downing had 10 stops in goal for North Country (4-4).
• Mount Mansfield 3, Spaulding 0: Mount Mansfield found the back of the net three times in the first as they cruised past Spaulding.
Karin Rand had two Cougar (5-2) tallies and Molly Finn added the third goal. Macey Wissel and Izzy Meehan each had an assist. Emma Parent had three saves to earn the shutout.
Randi Dudley stopped 11 shots for the Crimson Tide (0-8).
• Milton 2, Mount Abraham 1: Milton scored three minutes into the second frame to take the lead and then held on for a win over host Mount Abraham.
Caitlyn Dabagian and Tatum Shappy each had a goal and an assist for the Yellowjackets (7-1). Madison North made four saves.
Lydia Pitts had the goal for the Eagles (2-6) and Kamille Snell stopped six shots.
• Twinfield 5, Blue Mountain 1: Jordan Moore had two goals to lead Twinfield to its first win of the season, a romp over Blue Mountain.
James Berte and Vinnie Andreda each had a goal and an assist for Twinfield (1-6). Eli Wilson also scored and Cordelle Santamore made four saves.
Parker Davis scored for Blue Mountain (0-7) and Mark Puffer stopped 10 shots.
• Lyndon 0, Milton 0: Brianna Trottier and Alyssa Leonard combined for 11 saves to help Lyndon earn a tie with host Milton.
Meredith Holbrook made 10 saves for Milton (1-3-2).
Lyndon moves to 3-1-4.
• Harwood 1, Missisquoi 1: Mikayla Hull came up with 13 stops to help Missisquoi salvage a tie with host Harwood.
The Thunderbirds (0-4-1) scored first, with Kassidy Foster striking in the first half on an assist from Jacey Rivers.
Sally Goodwin responded in the second half on an pass from Lauren McMann for the Highlanders (4-2-1). Quillyn Peterson mad two saves.
College men’s soccer
• Vermont 3, UMass 0: Three players scored in the second half to help Vermont post a shutout win over host UMass.
Shane Haley, Brian Wright and Skyler Davis all scored for the Catamountss, while Wright and Loftur Eriksson each had an assist.
Greg Walton made two saves in net for Vermont (4-3-1). Bardia Asefnia was credited with two stops in the UMass (1-8) goal.
College field hockey
Bryant 2, Vermont 1: Molly Higgins netted a late goal for Vermont, but Bryant held off the Catamounts for a victory.
Emily Perryman struck for the Bulldogs (2-7) in the first half and Bronwyn Walton added the team’s second tally.
Lena Benwood was credited with four saves for Vermont (2-7).