FAIRFAX – Mikayla Sullivan scored late in the second half to help BFA-Fairfax survive an upset bid from Otter Valley in a 1-0 Division III high school girls soccer quarterfinal win Friday.
Sullivan’s tally came off a rebound off the goal post. Bri Mossey stopped three shots to earn the shutout for the Bullets.
Gabby Poalino had 16 saves for Otter Valley.
• (4) Oxbow 2, (5) Green Mountain 1 (OT): Becca Towle struck in the fourth minute of overtime as host Oxbow outlasted Green Mountain.
The golden goal capped the Oxbow comeback from falling down to a Green Mountain goal in the eighth minute as the visiting Chieftains controlled play in the early going.
Zoe Barton had the equalizer for the Olympians in the 32nd minute, Corina Oakley assisting.
Green Mountain keeper Kassidy Cummings made seven saves, one more stop than Jessica Daigle had for Oxbow.
DIVISION I GIRLS SOCCER
• (2) Colchester 5, (7) Middlebury 0: Greetje Scheller scored twice, Clara Johnson added a goal and an assist and host Colchester rolled into the semifinals with a win over Middlebury.
Brenna McMannon and Autumn Hathaway also scored for the 16-0 Lakers, while Summer Hathaway and Ava Hayes notched assists. Danielle Whitham and Gabby Gosselin combined for a four-save shutout.
Molly Campbell stacked up 11 saves for the Tigers.
D-II GIRLS SOCCER
• (5) Mount Abraham 3, (4) Harwood 1: Ernesta Mclntosh, Zoe Cassels-Brown and Abby Mansfield each scored and Mount Abraham dropped host Harwood.
Kamille Snell had seven saves for Mount Abraham. Nina Brundage stopped 11 for Harwood.
• U-32 2, Hartford 2 (U-32 won 3-1 on PKs): Maya Mashkuri, Liz Aitchison and Aine Kennedy tucked away penalty kicks during the shootout and host U-32 capped its rally over upset-minded Hartford.
U-32’s Ferron Pursell sent the game to overtime with a 76th minute equalizer. Mashkuri had U-32’s first goal.
Rachel Seaver and Belle Lesiter tallied for Hartford.
Christine Miller made 11 saves for the Hurricanes. Natalie Lavigne stopped three shots for the Raiders.
D-IV GIRLS SOCCER
• (4) Mount St. Joseph 5, (5) Craftsbury 1: Erin McClellan had three goals as host Mount St. Joseph cruised to a spot in the D-IV semifinals with a win over Craftsbury.
Jenna Eaton and Bryn McClellan each added a goal for the Mounties and Monica Schmelzenbach made five saves.
Aysha Hodgdon scored for Craftsbury and Paige Coolbreth had seven stops.
• (1) Proctor 5, (8) Arlington 0: Abby McKearin netted her opening goal just 38 seconds into the game and host Proctor stormed past Arlington.
McKearin struck for the Phantoms’ (14-1) second goal and set up their final tally. Isabel Valerio and Morgan Anderson also got in on the scoring for the two-time defending champions.
• (2) Sharon Academy 5, (10) Long Trail 0: Host Sharon scored three times in a two-minute span in the second half to break free of Long Trail.
Mallory Lloyd led the way with a hat trick for the Phoenix (13-1-1). Gretta Stack had a goal and two assists and Eleanor Frost also scored. Abby Levy finished with one save in the clean sheet.
Emery Letendre stopped six shots for the 4-10-2 Lynx.
D-I FIELD HOCKEY
• (4) Mount Mansfield 2, (5) Rice 1: Shannon Springer scored both goals for host Mount Mansfield to help the Cougars advance to the D-I semifinals for the first time since 2006 with a win over Rice.
Maeve Poleman had a helper for Mount Mansfield and Jess Peura had five saves.
Sierra Combs scored for the Green Knights, while Emily Rachek made eight saves.
• (3) Champlain Valley 2, (6) Hartford 1: Champlain Valley struck for two goals in the first half and then held off a determined Hartford attack to book a spot in the D-I semifinals.
Anna Georgsdottir and Caroline Hern each had a goal for the Redhawks, while Lydia Maitland added an assist. Tashia Pashby-Rockwood had four saves.
Kristen Davis scored for the Hurricanes and Rachel Loseby stopped eight saves.
• (1) South Burlington 4, (8) Middlebury 1: Two quick goals by South Burlington in the second half helped the Rebels pull away from Middlebury for a D-I quarterfinal win.
Joan Vera and Kate Hall each tallied two goals, while Melissa Valgoi, Casey Johnson and Katie Young all handed out assists. Liz Sargent had six saves.
Lauren Bartlett scored for the Tigers, while Katie Billings stopped 10 shots.
D-II FIELD HOCKEY
• (3) Burr and Burton 2, (6) Burton 0: Burr and Burton scored twice in the first half to earn its first D-II quarterfinal win since 2005 with a win over Woodstock.
Hannah Hedberg and Rachel Tegen each had a goal for the Bulldogs, while Molly Dingley had 16 saves, 14 of which in the second half.
Molly Henne stopped two shots for Woodstock.
D-III FIELD HOCKEY
• (3) Lyndon 1, (6) North Country 0: Riley Boivin scored the only goal of the game as host Lyndon knocked defending D-III champs North Country out of the playoffs.
Briana Gingue had the assist for the Vikings, who will face the winner of Stowe-St. Johnsbury in the semifinals.