Eight Midlands high school basketball players are nominees for the 2015 McDonald’s All-American game held April 1. The final team will be announced Jan. 28.
McDonald’s is pleased to announce the 823 high school seniors who have been nominated to play in the 2015 McDonald’s All American Games.
This year’s list includes players from 47 states and the District of Columbia who have been selected by high school coaches, athletic directors, principals and members of the McDonald’s All American Games Selection Committee. Eight players hail from the Midlands – four male and fourfemale players. The local players nominated for the 2015 Games include:
· Perry Dozier Jr., Spring Valley High School
· Tevin Mack, Dreher High School
· DeAndre Nathaniel, Dreher High School
· Rayvon Witherspoon, Manning High School
· Akia Dunlap, Spring Valley High School
· Dejoria Howard, Orangeburg-Wilkinson High School
· Haniyyah Howard, Gray Collegiate Academy
· Ke’Asia Jackson, Irmo High School
A complete list of 2015 McDonald’s All American Games Nominees is available at www.mcdaag.com . McDonald’s will name the final roster of 24 boys and 24 girls who will be selected to play in the 2015 Games during the McDonald’s All American Games Selection Show on ESPNU, airing Jan. 28 at 5:00 pm CT (6:00 pm ET).
The 38th Annual Boys Game will tip-off on Wednesday, Apr. 1 at 8:00 pm CT (9:00 ET) from Chicago’s United Center and will be broadcast on ESPN. The 14th Annual Girls Game will precede the Boys Game, beginning at 5:30 pm CT (6:30 ET) and will broadcast live on ESPNU.