Welcome to Super 6 Plays, where we’ll be digging up and dissecting six of the best plays from across the nation with the help of our partners over at High School Cube. Gear up for the week ahead with a heavy dose of monster dunks, breakaway goals and the best of everything else early each week.
1) Kendall Grasela’s deep three for Philadelphia Belles — The Nike EYBL spring girls basketball circuit got off to a quick start last weekend, and Kendall Grasela and her teammates wasted little time in putting their stamp on proceedings, with this deep try just one of the Belles’ impressive buckets in a game against Tennessee Flight.
2) Parker’s spinorama layup for Essence against Cal Sparks — Another terrific sequence from the start of the EYBL campaign, with an Essence player identified only as Parker — seriously, Essence, you can’t provide the world with any rosters? At all? That’s lame — banking home a tremendous layup following a spinorama move in the paint to free herself up.
3) J0rdan Lewis’ reverse scoop shot for Central Florida Elite — A superlative hook from an undersized player in the paint, Jordan Lewis’ bucket was the standout effort from CFE’s matchup with Cal Storm.
4) Leland’s Matt Skinner with the baseball catch of the week — No, that isn’t an exaggeration. Matt Skinner provided an exemplary diving grab in the outfield for Leland in a matchup against California foe Willow Glen, and it was all needed in a narrow 1-0 Leland victory.
5) Emily Griffen’s finish for the EC Glass soccer team — There was great buildup play to this goal, but Griffen’s finish was even more special during EC Glass’ victory against Virginia rival Amherst County.
6) Kevin Ford’s backhander for the Wisconsin HP-18 hockey team — This was an all-star matchup between a collection of Wisconsin seniors and the HP-18 squad (high performance 18s, we’re guessing?), with HP-18’s Kevin Ford producing the game’s best goal shortly after the opening face off. Who needs to waste time?