Welcome to Super 6 Plays, where we’ll be digging up and dissecting six of the best plays from across the nation with the help of our partners over at High School Cube. Gear up for the week ahead with a heavy dose of monster dunks, breakaway goals and the best of everything else early each week.
1) Lynsey Curran’s game-winning three for Omaha Westside — Yes, basketball season is over nationwide, but there are still a few straggling highlights trickling in, none better than the frantic finish between Omaha Westside and Fremont High in Nebraska, where Westside won thanks to a game-winning trey from well behind the top of the arc by Westside’s Lynsey Curran.
2) Colton Hunter’s game-winning, extra-inning drive for Round Rock — The Round Rock Dragons found themselves locked in a mortal battle with fellow Texas squad Rouse High, with both teams knotted 0-0 in the bottom of the 10th. Finally, Colton Hunter came through, and the Dragons walked off against a tough Rouse squad.
3) Whitt Davis’ headfirst slide for Huntsville — This is a pretty fearless, if perhaps inadvisable, baseball highlight from an Alabama tussle between Huntsville and Buckhorn, with senior Whitt Davis taking home on on a passed ball with a ferocious headfirst slide.
4) Christian Barker’s spinorama goal for Mountain Vista — It’s lacrosse season, and Colorado power Mountain Vista’s stars are pulling out the special moves, with Christian Barker finishing an assist from Colin Munro with a terrific spinorama move in an in-state tussle against ThunderRidge.
5) Logan Vawter’s mano-a-mano goal for Oakland Tech — Here’s the latest smooth goal from Oakland Tech attackman Logan Vawter out in California against fellow NorCal foe Skyline.
6) Campolindo takes the 2015 King of Cali Tournament — Campolindo was the reining champion of the King of Cali boys volleyball tournament, so sealing a repeat with the tightest of matchups against St. Francis was made even more exciting with the nasty spike that sealed it.