The final week of the high school basketball regular season has arrived. Here are 10 games to watch involving area teams:
1. Evansville Reitz (22-0) at Southport (20-2), Saturday 3:30 p.m.: Game on, as long as the weather holds this weekend. Credit Reitz, which has a conference game Friday against Evansville Bosse, for making the effort to play the game. Reitz has scored 111 points or more in three of its last five games and is averaging 93.6 points a game.
2. Ben Davis (16-7) at Tech (14-7), Friday: Ben Davis was knocked off by Franklin Central 53-48 on Friday, keeping Mark James stuck on win No. 499. Tech has played well of late, bringing a four-game winning streak into the game.
3. McCutcheon (19-3) at Zionsville (17-6), Friday: McCutcheon owns wins over Logansport, Tech, Marion and Danville this season and is riding a nine-game winning streak. Zionsville is looking to rebound from losses to Fishers and Tech.
4. Roncalli (14-6) at Franklin Central (5-14), Friday: Never mind its record, Franklin Central will still be a load in Sectional 13, which it has won two years in a row. Roncalli has lost three of its last four.
5. Brebeuf Jesuit (12-9) at Carmel (19-2), Friday: Can Brebeuf make a game of it? The Braves have won three in a row and five of six. Carmel has won six in a row since a loss to Brownsburg.
6. Hamilton Heights (16-7) at Peru (13-7), Friday: Hamilton Heights can clinch the Mid-Indiana Conference title outright with a win. Peru can claim a share of the Mid-Indiana title, forcing a four-way tie. Hamilton Heights has won seven in a row.
7. Lawrence North (16-5) at Hamilton Southeastern (7-15), Friday: A win would give Lawrence North its highest win total since the 2008-09 season, when it won 25 games. HSE has lost four in a row, falling to Pike and Brownsburg last week by a combined nine points.
8. Mooresville (18-3) at Southport (20-2), Friday: Southport can’t overlook Mooresville, a team it defeated by three points last season. The Pioneers rebounded from a loss to Center Grove with wins last week over Greenwood and Tri-West.
9. Warren Central (10-10) at Bloomington South (17-2), Friday: Warren Central’s schedule has no gimmes. Bloomington South hasn’t lost since Dec. 12, a five-point setback to Southport. The Panthers have won 15 in a row.
10. Danville (17-3) at Decatur Central (10-10), Friday: Decatur Central is a sleeper in Sectional 11. The Hawks have won four in a row, defeating Franklin Central, Northview, Roncalli and Fishers.