The NBPA Top 100 Camp wrapped up in Charlottesville, Va., on Saturday night and the Most Valuable Player trophy went to Thon Maker.
Maker had 21 points and 10 rebounds in the championship game as his Rockets lost to the Cavaliers 78-75.
“I played my butt off the whole way through for my whole team,” Maker told news reporters afterward via WVIR-TV. “(We) just came up short in the championship game. I’m proud of those guys because we’ve all taken a backseat somewhere. I was just trying to keep everyone happy, the whole team happy.”
Trevon Duval led the Cavs with 16 points and was named to the All-Star team.
The giant from Orangeville Prep in Ontario made news at the start of camp when he announced that he would remain in high school for all of the 2015-16 school year and enroll in college for the following year.
Joining Maker and Duval on the camp’s All-Star team were:
* Udoka Azubuike, Potters House Christian (Jacksonville)
* DeAndre Ayton, Balboa (San Diego)
* Markelle Fultz, DeMatha Catholic (Hyattsville, Md.)
* Frank Jackson, Lone Peak (Alpine, Utah)
* Edrice “Bam” Adebayo, Northside (Washington, N.C.)
* Omari Spellman, MacDuffie School (Springfield, Mass.)
* Kyle Guy, Lawrence Central (Indianapolis)
* Xavier Simpson, Lima (Ohio)
* Billy Preston, Prime Prep (Dallas)
* Hamidou Diallo, Woodstock (Conn.) Academy