This is Marco Wilson, an elite (yet very young) defensive back prospect at American Heritage High in Plantation, Fla. We stress that he’s very young because, well, he’s only heading into his junior season next year, in the fall of 2015. In fact, he’s barely 16 years old.
No matter. Wilson is already completely comfortable doing ridiculous things on the practice field, like grabbing this one-handed catch mid-backflip for a nifty highlight that makes him the latest youngster to match one of the feats of NFL All-Pro receiver Odell Beckham Jr.
The ease of athleticism that Wilson showed in this highlight raises a number of rather obvious questions, including:
- Where will he go to school?
- How can anyone match catching a pass mid-backflip look that easy?
- Is it possible that Wilson is in the wrong position, given his ability to grab a pass like that?
To our whit, here are the subsequent answers:
- Way, way, way too early to tell, but his brother, Quincy Wilson, does play for Florida, which is among the 11 power conference schools who have extended him an offer.
- Black magic. Only true sorcery could make this possible, let alone so easy looking
- Probably not, although he may get a chance to play both ways to try and prove to everyone he is being miscast. After all, cornerbacks need great hands, too, to pull in interceptions.
Stay tuned for more on Wilson, because any 16-year-old who can grab a catch like that will certainly be heard from again.