GCHSAA state tournament information
When: Saturday, Nov. 14
Where: St. Anthony’s High School (South Huntington, N.Y.)
Warmups: 9:00 a.m.
Pool play starts: 10:00 a.m.
1. Brooklyn/Queens, 2. Buffalo, 3. Rockville Centre, 4. New York
Pool play schedule: 1-3, 1-2, 1-4, 2-4, 3-4, 2-3
– Pool Play will consist of 2 sets against each team.
– Each set to 25 points rally scoring, win by two, no cap.
– At the completion of pool play, the teams would be seeded by their overall record for the semifinals.
– No. 1 would play No. 4, and No. 2 would play No. 3. The semifinals will be best-of-three matches. Each set starting at zero going to 25 points no cap.
– The state championship match will be best-of-five sets.
Tiebreakers (with two teams, in order):
– Head-to-head record
– Points won in head-to-head matches
– Point differential pool play competition
– One, 15-point game will be played as the final two-team tiebreaker.
Tiebreakers (with three teams, in order):
– Rank by set percentage. The team with highest set percentage takes the top seed.
– If two teams tied in set percentage, they will play a 15-point game with no cap.
– If all three teams have the same set percentage, all three teams will play a 15-point playoff game. The two lowest teams will play first, and the highest percentage team will play the winner. teams play first.
– If point percentages are tied, a coin flip will determine playoff order.