The Vermont Principals’ Association finalized sites for its fall high school championships.
While football, cross-country running and volleyball already had their locations announced, the VPA secured sites for soccer and field hockey last week.
The soccer doubleheaders, per usual, are spread throughout the state, with game times of 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. The trio of field hockey finals are slated for 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.
The finals of soccer, field hockey, cross-country and volleyball will take place Oct. 31; football is set for Nov. 7.
The sites for each sport:
• Division I soccer: Burlington High School
• Division II soccer: South Burlington High School
• D-III soccer: Bellows Falls Union High School
• D-IV soccer: Whitcomb High School
• Cross-country running: Thetford Academy
• D-I, II, III field hockey: University of Vermont
• Volleyball (exhibition): St. Michael’s College
• Football: Rutland High School
• BFA-Fairfax 4, Burke Mountain 1: Hannah Corrigan recorded a hat trick — all on unassisted tallies — and BFA-Fairfax defeated visiting Buke.
Corrigan also assisted on Macy McNall’s strike and Bri Mossey stopped six shots for the Bullets (3-1-1).
•Milton 4, Woodstock 0: Dallas Brodhead had a goal and two assists, Tatum Shappy also scored and picked up an assist in Milton’s win at Woodstock.
Meg Kilburn and Madison North combined on a four-save shutout, with Carlie Reen and Cait Dabagian also scoring for the Yellowjackets (3-1).
Woodstock keeper Kaila Lemmer made eight saves. Woodstock falls to 2-1-1.
• Northfield 2, Hazen 0: Catherine Miles picked up a goal and an assist, both coming the second half, as Northfield defeated host Hazen.
Kyra White had Northfield’s other goal and Jordan Chamberlin turned back seven shots.
Kira Hislop made 10 saves.
•Stowe 2, Milton 0: Maya Barrett and Hannah Wykoff scored and Stowe topped visiting Milton.
Carmen DeRienzo made four saves for Stowe (4-0), which gained a 14-2 edge penalty corners.
Cassandra Desranleau stopped 16 shots for Milton.