Special thanks to the Highland Football Club for this information and the photo:
HFC Girls’ Soccer Team Wins the NCYSA Premier League
The 01 HFC Red G won the U16 Girls’ North Carolina Youth Soccer Association (NCYSA) Premier League. This is the first time in the nearly 30 year history of the club that a girls’ team has won the NCYSA Premier Division. The NCYSA Premier League is the highest statewide league in North Carolina and consists of top teams from across the state. The team went 6-1-1 during the tough league schedule while scoring 15 goals and only allowing 2 goals.
“This is a fabulous accomplishment for all of the players. To be able to do something that has never been done in the history of the club makes it even more special. I cannot say enough good things about this group of players. As proud of them as I am for winning the league, I have to say that I am far more proud of them for the quality, possession based soccer they have played all season long as well as the effort they consistently displayed at training and games. All the years of focusing on development have really paid off.” said Jason ReMine, the Director of the Girls’ Classic Program for HFC as well the coach of this team.
The team consists of players from 12 different schools throughout Western North Carolina.
- Reese Alley (Polk County HS)
- Camryn Bolick (Owen HS)
- Ella Dockendorf (Carolina Day)
- Sarah Groce (Reynolds HS)
- Eden Hawkins (Hendersonville HS)
- Morgan Hill (RS Central HS)
- Mackenzie Hoecherl (Erwin HS)
- Olivia Lenderman (Asheville HS)
- Abilyn McConnell (Home School)
- Ella Pesce-Deferrrari (Carolina Day)
- Emma Reimels (Reynolds HS)
- Kennedy Rucker (TC Roberson HS)
- Keely Simmons (TC Roberson HS)
- Lauren Singleton (Pisgah HS)
- Annabelle Sparks (Reynolds HS)
- Sarah Swaim (Tuscola HS)