Six finalists have been chosen for the American Family Insurance Defensive Player of the Year Award, given annually to the nation’s top defensive player by the U.S. Army All-American Bowl.
The winner will be announced during the U.S. Army All-American Bowl Awards Show in San Antonio on Jan. 6, the night before the Army Bowl.
Here are the finalists:
- Baron Browning, Linebacker, Kennedale (Texas)
- Tadarian Moultry, Linebacker, Jackson-Olin (Birmingham, Ala.)
- Jaelan Phillips, Defensive lineman, Redlands East Valley (Redlands, Calif.)
- Aubrey Solomon, Defensive lineman, Lee County (Leesburg, Ga.)
- Shaun Wade, Defensive back, Trinity Christian (Jacksonville)
- Chase Young, Defensive lineman, DeMatha Catholic (Hyattsville, Md.)