LSU has gone from two quarterback commitments in the Class of 2017 to hoping to hang on to one.
Lowell Narcisse announced Monday morning on Twitter that he was decommitting from the Tigers despite being on campus for a weekend visit.
His decision follows Myles Brennan’s move to reopen his recruitment. Brennan, a four-star passer from St. Stanislaus (Bay St. Louis, Miss.), said he has not decommitted, but is now fielding calls and interest from other schools, something Brennan hadn’t done prior to Nov. 30.
Narcisse, an Under Armour All-American from St. James (La.), is ranked as the No. 8 dual-threat quarterback in the class, according to the 247Sports Composite.
He missed his senior year with a torn left ACL suffered in a preseason jamboree. He tore his right ACL during his school’s spring game in 2015 but returned to play late in the season.
Narcisse got an in-home visit from Auburn coach Guz Malzahn and offensive coordinator Rhett Lashleeon Sunday, the last day before the dead period. Given the transfer to Auburn of Jarrett Stidham, it is unclear what Auburn’s immediate need is at the position for another recruit.
Brennan said he continues to love LSU, but with the coaches that recruited him no longer with the program, he wants to see who will be the next offensive coordinator.
“It’s really important,” Brennan said last week at the Alabama-Mississippi all-star game. “I feel like that is going to be kind of the thing that makes my decision one way or another.”