1. Navarre (6-0) —The Navarre Raiders felt a bit of a scare but extended their regular-season win streak to 18 games. The Raiders scored a late touchdown last week to win the game, but were held to less than 20 points for the first time this season. Navarre will aim to stay unbeaten in district play this week.
Up next: Hosts Milton Friday.
2. Tate (6-1) — The Aggies worked like a touchdown machine last week in a win over Pace, tallying their highest scoring output (55) and putting up more than 40 for the first time in three weeks.
Up next: Hosts Escambia Friday.
3. West Florida (4-2) — It was one-way traffic last week at Catholic High, as West Florida rolled off its bye week for a 56-7 win. The Jags will clash with a district opponent who is also undefeated in 1-5A this week.
Up next: hosts Bay Friday.
4. Gulf Breeze (6-1) — The Dolphins couldn’t have drawn it up any better last week, showing their highest scoring output (49) in a shutout win over Walton.
Up next: hosts Pace Friday.
5. Escambia (2-5) — The Gators flirted with upsetting the area’s top team last week, but gave up a late touchdown. The Gators showed they can play with the best, and can put District 1-6A in a vice grip with a win this week.
Up next: Friday at Tate.
6. Pine Forest (4-2) — The Eagles hold steady at No. 6 after a bye week. Pine Forest will aim to even its district record this week and get back in the 1-6A hunt.
Up next: Hosts Washington Friday.
7. Pace (3-4) — The Patriots showed fight, battling back late in a loss to Tate last week.The Patriots hold perhaps the biggest chance to shake up district play this week, as a win over the Dolphins would make 2-6A interesting.
Up next: Friday at Gulf Breeze
8. Catholic (3-4) — After three straight wins the Crusaders took a loss to West Florida last week. Catholic will transition quickly, with a chance at a District 1-3A championship this week.
Up next: Friday at Taylor County.
9. Pensacola High (1-5) — The Tigers will come off a bye week with a chance to even their district record on the road this week. A loss puts the Tigers at the bottom of 1-5A, A win could potentially put them tied for second place.
Next: Friday at Arnold.
10. Washington (1-5) — The Wildcats held a bye last week
Up next: Pine Forest
11. Milton (2-5) — The Panthers suffered their fourth straight loss last week but cooled off one of the panhandle’s best offenses and flirted with upset. It won’t get any easier this week, as the Panthers travel to face the area’s No. 1 team and the defending District 2-6A champion.
Up next: Friday at Navarre
12. Northview (4-3) — The Northview Chiefs got their record back above .500 with a win over Liberty County last week. The Chiefs will see their first district game this week in the hunt for District 1-1A.
Up next: Hosts Jay Friday
13. Jay (0-7) — The Royals set a season record for points scored (35) last week, but failed to pick up their first win. It’s crunch time in District 1-1A for the Royals, who lost to Baker two weeks ago as part of three-team district play.
Up next: Friday at Northview