Catching up on a few high school sports notes:
• North Central’s boys basketball team jumped four spots to No. 20 in the latest MaxPreps Xcellent 25 national rankings for this week. North Central is 9-0 and ranked No. 1 in Class 4A. There are no other Indiana schools listed.
• Roncalli senior Lindsey Corsaro is closing in a couple of school records. Corsaro, a Kentucky recruit, scored 32 points in a 74-70 win over Ben Davis on Saturday to bring her to 1,663 career points. She is 158 points from breaking Sarah Hurrle’s school record, set from 1992-96, with at least nine games remaining. Corsaro is just two field goals from breaking Hurrle’s career record. Roncalli is at Franklin Central on Wednesday and hosts Beech Grove (Friday) and Lawrence North (Saturday).
FIND US ON FACEBOOK: Check out the IndyStar High School Sports Facebook page
• There are five high school basketball games scheduled for Saturday at Bankers Life Fieldhouse as part of the “Really Big Basketball Show” by Compton Strategies.
The event will begin with a girls matchup between Greenfield-Central (12-4) and Westfield (16-1) at 12:30 p.m. These four boys games will follow:
Cloverdale (8-5) vs. Covenant Christian (6-3), 2:15 p.m.
Eastern Hancock (2-5) vs. North Decatur (5-4), 4 p.m.
Shelbyville (4-6) vs. Columbus East (3-5), 5:45 p.m.
Lebanon (5-5) vs. Brebeuf Jesuit (5-3), 7:30 p.m.
Cloverdale is led by Butler recruit Cooper Neese, a junior guard.
• I’d expect Noblesville to have its football coaching hire made by next week. Lance Scheib resigned after eight seasons at Noblesville and 24 years overall.
• The Noblesville boys basketball team will make up its home game against Howe on Feb. 13 at 7:30 p.m. The game was originally scheduled for November but was moved due to Howe’s football tournament run.
• The Lutheran boys basketball team will host Scecina on Jan. 15. That game had been moved from November as well due to football.