Stewart Hagestad can officially take a bow.
The 25-year-old Manhattan resident is the Metropolitan Golf Association’s player of the year and will be honored Dec. 7 at the organization’s annual dinner and meeting at Westchester Country Club.
Hagestad, who plays out of Deepdale, came back to win the U.S. Mid-Amateur Championship in dramatic fashion. Locally, he won the Met Amateur Championship and the Brae Burn Invitational.
The Newport Beach, Calif. native finished with 1,273 total points, the highest total since Mike Miller ran up 1,330 in 2012.
“For as short a time that I’ve been a golfer in the Met area, I’m lucky enough to be in the same sentence as the guys before me and be on that list of champions,” said Hagestad, who came east two summers ago.
MGA Jerry Courville Sr. Player of the Year Award
1. Stewart Hagestad (Deepdale) 1,273
2. Trevor Randolph (Arcola) 1.185
3. Darin Goldstein (Noyac) 580
3. Brian Komline (Black Oak) 580
5. Ethan Ng (Fiddler’s Elbow) 455
6. Mike Stamberger (Spring Lake) 395
7. Jonathan Jeter (Nassau Players) 382
8 Kieran Purcell (Essex County) 378
9. Tyler Cline (Tuxedo) 365
10. Dennis Lynch (Nassau Players) 344