As the season reaches the the halfway point or close to it around the nation, USA TODAY High School Sports is assembling our midseason report with installments throughout the week.
Here we are looking at the teams with the toughest remaining regular season schedules, according to Ken Massey’s computer rankings.
THE UNDEFEATEDS: Where are the nation’s unbeaten teams?
And it’s obvious the strength of the Trinity League in Southern California. The six teams at the top of the list are all from the Trinity League, and they are at the top because they now play each other.
Cincinnati’s Greater Catholic League South also has two teams in the top 10.
- Servite, Anaheim, Calif.
- JSerra Catholic, San Juan Capistrano, Calif.
- Orange Lutheran, Orange, Calif.
- Santa Margarita Catholic, Rancho Santa Margarita, Calif.
- Mater Dei, Santa Ana, Calif.
- St. John Bosco, Bellflower, Calif.
- St. Xavier, Cincinnati
- Don Bosco Prep, Ramsey, N.J.
- Warren Central, Indianapolis
- Archbishop Moeller, Cincinnati
- St. Frances Academy, Baltimore
- St. Peter’s Prep, Jersey City, N.J.
- Carmel, Ind.
- Chandler, Ariz.
- Lawrence Central, Indianapolis
- Center Grove, Greenwood, Ind.
- St. Ignatius, Cleveland
- Crespi, Encino, Calif.
- Mission Hills, Alemany, Calif.
- Bishp Amat, La Puente, Calif.