A look at the top small high-school football teams in Middle Tennessee, as ranked by the USA Today Sports network for Middle Tennessee.
Christ Presbyterian Academy Head Coach Ingle Martin suffered a 32-7 loss to Parkview (Ga.) in Saturday’s season opener.
Week1: High school football recap
The Tennessean’s Katie Myers and high school sports coordinator Tom Kreager recaps the first week of the Tennessee high school football season.
Centennial rallies past Franklin
Centennial football rallies past Franklin
East Nashville late score drop Rossview
Demarquez Trotter ran back a failed Rossview field goal to help the Eagles beat the Hawks 21-14 in the closing seconds Friday night to open the high school season.
Trinity tops Ensworth 14-7
Ensworth suffered a 14-7 seasom-opening defeat to nationally-ranked Trinity (Ky.) on Friday
Dickson County vs. Creek Wood
Highlights from the Dickson County vs. Creek Wood game August 19. The Red Hawks came away with a 30-26 win.
Gallatin football at Mt. Juliet
Footage and interviews from Friday’s season opener between Gallatin and Mt. Juliet.
Hewitt-Trussville 33, Montgomery Bell Academy 24
MBA lost 33-24 to Hewitt-Trussville of Alabama in the 2016 season opener.
Seaon opener – Centennial at Franklin pregame
High school football season opener between Centennial and Franklin
Pregame festivities at Ensworth School
Pregame festivities at Ensworth prior to the Tigers’ season-opening game against nationally-ranked Trinity (Ky.)
East Nashville-Rossview Pregame
East Nashville and Rossview take part in pre game warmups prior to the startif the 2016 prep football season Friday at TPS Complex
Pregame: La Vergne at Smyrna
Students for Smyrna and La Vergne prepare for the big rivalry
Dickson County vs. Creek Wood pregame
Sights and sounds from the pregame festivities leading up to Dickson County vs. Creek Wood
Springfield opens season with Greenbrier
Springfield plays Greenbrier on Friday night
Gallatin at Mt. Juliet football pregame
Pregame video prior to Friday’s game between Gallatin and Mt. Juliet.
White House student body
White House fans prep for the White House Heritage game.
Ravenwood fan Eric Mills ready for season
Ravenwood fan Eric Mills talks about the start of football season.
Baylor Bramble attends Siegel’s season opener
Siegel linebacker Dalton Frantz and Coach Greg Wyant discuss seeing Baylor Bramble at their season opener.
High school football countdown
High school sports writers for the USA Today Sports network for Middle Tennessee discuss the games they are covering Week 1.
Small schools consist of teams from Class 1A, Class 2A, Class 3A and Division II-A.
1. Christ Presbyterian Academy (0-1): The Lions struggled in their opener against a Class 6A foe and will face another challenge this week against defending Class 4A champion Knoxville Catholic. Last week: No. 1. This week: Friday vs. Knoxville Catholic at Vanderbilt Stadium.
2. Stratford (1-0): The Spartan defense limited Maplewood to 90 total yards last Friday. Last week: No. 2. This week: Friday at Glencliff.
3. Nashville Christian (1-0): The Eagles should face more resistance in Week 2 at White House Heritage. Last week: No. 3. This week: Friday at White House Heritage.
4. Davidson Academy (1-0): Bears’ sophomore quarterback Stone Norton passed for 322 yards and three touchdowns last Friday. Last week: No. 5. This week: Friday at Watertown.
5. East Nashville (1-0): Senior running back DeMario Gordon rushed for 174 yards against Rossview. Last week: No. 6. This week: Friday at Maplewood.
6. Friendship Christian (0-1): The Commanders piled up more than 300 yards of total offense but surrendered 410. Last week: No. 7. This week: Friday at Battle Ground Academy.
7. Fairview (1-0): The Yellow Jackets limited Page to 198 yards of total offense and won on Jeff Perez’s 48-yard field goal on the game’s final play. Last week: No. 8. This week: Friday at Creek Wood.
8. DeKalb County (1-0): The Tigers have a three-game homestand to open the season. Last week: No. 9. This week: Friday vs. Stone Memorial.
9. Waverly (1-0): The Tigers opened the season with a win over the defending Region 6-3A champion. Last week: No. 10. This week: Friday at East Hickman.
10. Watertown (1-0): Purple Tiger senior Seth Price passed for 352 yards and five touchdowns in the opener. Last week: Not ranked. This week: Friday vs. Davidson Academy.
Reach Craig Harris at 615-259-8238 and on Twitter @CHTennessean.
MOST POPULAR STORIES
Nashville struggling to meet demand for new homes
Snooty country club inspires a hit song
The Tennessean to sell offices, pursue new Nashville home
Five Daughters Bakery fast tracks growth
Sumner woman faces animal cruelty charges