1. Navarre (5-0) — The Navarre Raiders allowed a late surge last week, as the Pace Patriots put up 14 points in the fourth quarter. But the Raiders also found the end zone twice in the final quarter and posted a 42-28 win. The Raiders are now 1-0 in district play and have won their last 17 regular-season games.
Up next: Friday at Escambia
2. Tate (5-1) — Friday’s contest with Washington may have been closer than Aggies would have liked, but Tate produced a 10-point win over the Wildcats. They’ll play host this week to the Pace Patriots, who would love to produce an upset after falling short in their chances with Navarre and Pine Forest.
Up next: Hosts Pace Friday
3. West Florida (4-2) — The West Florida Jaguars hold steady at No. 3 after their bye week. The Jags won’t jump back into district play, but they’ll renew a rivalry with a familiar foe this week.
Up next: Friday at Catholic
4. Escambia (2-4) — Escambia shined under the “district spotlight” last week, showing the best performance as 11 area teams opened district play. The Gators looked like a juggernaut last Friday, and they will hope that momentum carries over to Friday when they host the top dog.
Up next: Hosts Navarre Friday
5. Gulf Breeze (5-1) — The Dolphins rebounded from their first loss quite well, handling Milton 36-3 last Friday. They’ll play Walton this week, before two season-deciding weeks of district play.
Up next: Hosts Walton Friday
6. Pine Forest (4-2) — The Eagles took a bite from the injury bug as QB Xavier Saulsberry and RB Ladarius Wiggins missed last Friday’s game, which Pine Forest lost 35-0. The Eagles hold an open week this Friday before aiming to level their district record the following week.
Up next: Open
7. Pace (3-3) — Last week, the Patriots faced the No. 1 team. This week, it will be No. 2 as they travel to Tate. Pace should feel battle tested headed into Aggie Country looking for the upset.
Up next: Friday at Pace.
8. Catholic (3-3) — Catholic looked sharp in what may have been the most critical game of the regular season as the Crusaders won 26-7 over Florida High. They’ll seek to sharpen up against a tough defense this week before facing their final district test in Week 8.
9. Pensacola High (1-5) — The Tigers have lost their last two games by a total of two points. They will be off this Friday before hitting the most crucial part of their season: three-straight district games.
Up next: Open
10. Washington (1-5) — The Wildcats hung close with Tate but it was not enough to erase the 10-point gap last Friday. Washington is also off this week and will aim to keep Pine Forest on a losing skid the following week.
Up next: Open
11. Milton (2-4) — The Panthers will face a yard-producing machine this week, as they travel to Crestview and QB Rusty Moorer (No. 2 state leader in total yards gained). If they can grind out a win, the Panthers will be riding huge momentum going into a massive district game.
Up next: Friday at Crestview
12. Northview (3-3) — The Chiefs took a rare forfeit loss during the third quarter of last week’s game. The Chiefs will travel to Liberty County this week before opening up district play in Week 8.
Up next: Friday at Liberty County
13. Jay (0-6) — The Royals amassed more than 100 rushing yards and scored a late touchdown on Baker, but it wasn’t enough for Jay to get its first district win. The Royals will face one of the state’s top rushers this week.
Up next: Friday at Cottondale