Video: TSSAA first-round playoff recap
Tom Kreager and Michael Murphy recap the first round of the TSSAA high school football playoffs.
Beech defeats Shelbyville
Beech beat Shelbyville 44-30 in the first round of the playoffs.
Goodpasture rolls past Harpeth 36-20
Jermaine Mason’s three first half touchdowns lead the Cougars over the Indians.
Riverdale 48, Bearden 27
Highlights of Riverdale’s 6A playoff win over Bearden.
Fairview cruises to playoff win
Highlights from Fairview’s win against East Nashville in the first round of the Class 3A playoffs.
Macon County buries Northwest to advance in 4A playoffs
Macon County rolled up 56 points in the first round of its 4A playoff victory against Northwest Friday.
Baylor pulls away from Pope John Paul II
Baylor 35, Pope John Paul II 20
Goodpasture Christian School player Gabe Corley warms up before the game against Harpeth High School.
How The Tennessean’s Top 10 small schools fared in the first round of the TSSAA football playoffs:
1. Stratford (11-0): beat Cheatham Co., 42-6
2. Fairview (11-0): beat East Nashville, 48-24
3. Waverly (10-1): beat McKenzie, 42-27
4. Nashville Chr. (9-2): beat Collinwood, 42-3
5. Watertown (10-1): beat Boyd-Buchanan, 38-24
6. Wayne Co. (11-0): beat MTCS, 45-0
7. Forrest (10-1): beat Tyner, 21-14
8. Goodpasture (9-2): beat Harpeth, 36-20
9. CPA (5-6): beat Camden, 51-30
10. East Nashville (4-7): lost to Fairview, 48-24
First-round playoff scoreboard
MOST POPULAR STORIES
Brandon Vandenburg sentenced to 17 years in Vanderbilt rape case
11 things to do this weekend in Nashville
How can Christians support Donald Trump?
Brandon Vandenburg sentencing: Read victim’s statement in Vanderbilt rape case
Tennessee politics: State increasingly split along urban-rural lines
Cane Ridge band performs at the half of the game against Summit on Friday, November 4, 2016.