The 6-7 Hazen, named to the IndyStar Indiana All-Star team last week, averaged 16.1 points per game as a senior for Columbia City. Here’s an update on Hazen’s recruitment:
• Arkansas coach Mike Anderson had an in-home visit with Hazen on Monday. He’ll take an official visit to Arkansas beginning Monday of next week.
• Vanderbilt coach Bryce Drew, who recruited Hazen while coach at Valparaiso, had an in-home visit in Columbia City on Tuesday. He’ll take an unofficial visit to Vanderbilt on Friday.
• Ball State was in Tuesday for an in-home visit. Hazen is working on setting up an official visit to Ball State.
• Hazen has a workout scheduled at Purdue on Thursday.
• Virginia Tech is planning to see Hazen at a workout in Columbia City or set up an in-home visit.
Kris Wilkes update
North Central junior Kris Wilkes had an in-home visit with Maryland coach Mark Turgeon on Tuesday. The 6-8 Wilkes, a core Junior All-Star, is ranked No. 12 in the 2017 class nationally by Rivals. Wilkes will also have in-home visits on Wednesday with Michigan State coach Tom Izzo and UCLA coach Steve Alford.
Wilkes has offers from a number of programs, including Butler, Indiana, Notre Dame and Purdue.
Good in home visit with Maryland today. Thank you for coming down.— Kris Air Wilkes (@kadw31) April 20, 2016
Guerin Catholic senior Christian Munson has signed with Division II Rollins College (Fla). The 6-5 Munson, one of the area’s top shooters, averaged 22.4 points as a senior and ranks third in Guerin Catholic’s program history with 1,151 points. … Avon’s Shawn Moore signed with Division II Spring Hill (Ala.). Moore averaged 9.7 points and 4.8 rebounds as a senior at Avon.
Avon's Shawn Moore (2016) signed with the Division II Spring Hill College (Ala.) basketball program. pic.twitter.com/FCJBj91rBy— Kyle Neddenriep (@KyleNeddenriep) April 20, 2016
Call IndyStar reporter Kyle Neddenriep at (317) 444-6649.