Catching up on several basketball recruiting notes:
• Roncalli senior Lindsey Corsaro completed an official visit to Indiana on Thursday. Corsaro, a McDonald’s All American and former Kentucky recruit, will decide between Indiana, Michigan and UCLA (she took official visits to all three) in coming days. I’d expect a decision to come as soon as this weekend.
• Pike guard Justin Thomas committed to Northern Illinois on Wednesday night. The 6-foot Thomas averaged 15.5 points, 3.9 rebounds, 3.8 assists and 2.6 steals as a senior at Pike and was a three-year letterman. Northern Illinois is coming off a 21-13 season in Mark Montgomery’s fifth year as coach.
• Thomas’ Pike teammate, Derek Hawthorne, signed with Marian University this week. The 6-2 Hawthorne, also a quarterback on the football team, averaged 13.9 points, 4.0 rebounds and 2.7 assists as a senior at Pike.
• Paul Scruggs, a Southport senior-to-be and one of the top 2017 players nationally, visited Louisville this week. Scruggs, ranked No. 27 nationally in the 247Sports composite, already has an offer from Louisville. His Indy Hoosiers coach, Mike Peterson, said Scruggs will visit Illinois, Indiana, Michigan State and Xavier soon. Scruggs also has offers from those four schools. He’ll play in the IndyStar Indiana All-Star exhibition games next week (Tuesday at Bloomington South and Thursday at Lebanon).
• Crispus Attucks senior-to-be Nike Sibande picked up his first Division I offer, from IUPUI, this week. Sibande had a strong junior season for the Tigers, averaging 16.2 points. Sibande is a 6-2 guard.