1. Pine Forest (2-0) – The Eagles topped Choctaw last week 46-10 as QB Xavier Saulsberry rested his ankle on the sidelines. The Eagles will have a target on their backs this week as they travel to face an area team eyeing a potential upset.
Next: Friday at Pace.
2. Navarre (2-0) – With an open week, the Raiders will likely hold steady at No. 2 after Friday. Raiders fans may pull for District 2-6A rival Pace to upset Pine Forest and open up the top spot.
3. Tate (2-0) – The Aggies continue to climb the polls after a 14-point win at home vs. West Florida last week. The Aggies defend home this week and will aim for another convincing win.
Next: Hosts West Gadsden Friday.
4. West Florida (1-1) – A hot start was not enough for the Jaguars last Friday and West Florida swapped places with Tate this week as a result.
Next: hosts Kemper County (Miss.), Friday.
5. Pace (2-0) – The Pace Patriots make a four-spot jump this week after defending home with a 36-19 win over Pensacola High. The Patriots have a chance to keep skyrocketing up the poll with another big home game this week.
Next: Hosts Pine Forest Friday
6. Escambia (0-2) – The Gators continue to slip after opening the season with consecutive losses to tough teams. The Gators will hope to get some traction at home this week.
Next: Hosts Catholic on Friday.
7. Pensacola High (0-2) – The Pensacola High Tigers saw an early lead slip away last week in a loss to Pace. The Tigers have another closely-ranked opponent eyeing their spot this week.
Next: Hosts Washington Friday.
8. Gulf Breeze (2-0) – With a win this week, the Gulf Breeze Dolphins would be 3-0 heading into a match up with Pine Forest. The Dolphins possess a huge chance to chump in their next two games.
Next: Hosts Northview Friday.
9. Washington (1-1) – The Washington Wildcats were defeated by Navarre last week, but the Wildcats showed the ability and desire to compete until the final seconds. The Wildcats hit the road again this week, with a chance to jump at Pensacola High.
Next: Friday at Pensacola High.
10. Milton (1-1) – The Panthers got their first win in an overtime thriller with Lake Area New Tech (La.) last week. Milton hopes to make it two straight at home this week.
Next: Hosts Fort Walton Beach Friday.
11. Catholic (0-2) – The Catholic Crusaders retain the 11th spot after a loss to Gulf Breeze. It won’t get any easier for the Crusaders this week when visiting Escambia High.
Next: Friday at Escambia High
12. Northview (1-1) – The Northview Chiefs battled for a tight win over Escambia Academy (Ala.) last week. The Chiefs hold a huge chance to jump if they can upset Gulf Breeze this week.
Next: Friday at Gulf Breeze.
13. Jay (0-2) – The Royals took a tough loss to Resurrection Catholic last week and will hope to gain momentum as they host Wewahitchka this week.
Next: Hosts Wewahitchka Friday.