Here’s a look at the top boys basketball teams in Middle Tennessee, as ranked by The Tennessean:
10. Maplewood (13-3) — The Panthers suffered a surprising loss on Tuesday to upstart Whites Creek — also winners over East Nashville on Jan. 8 — before bouncing back to beat Lipscomb 54-50 on Friday. Last week: No. 8. Streak: Won 1.
9. Lebanon (15-3) — The Blue Devils, just one game back in the 9-AAA standings, squeaked past district foes Gallatin and Beech last week, but only by a combined six-point margin. Last week: No. 9. Streak: Won 2.
8. White County (17-0) — While they haven’t played the most difficult schedule, the Warriors, coming off a 72-69 win over 6-AAA rival Cookeville, are one of just seven remaining unbeaten boys teams in the state. Last week: NR. Streak: Won 17.
7. Oakland (15-2) — The Patriots, coming off a 60-49 non-district loss Friday, have dropped two of their last four. However, the teams they lost to — Blackman and Independence — boast a combined 35-1 record. Last week: No. 7. Streak: Won 1.
6. Ensworth (14-2) — The Tigers, tied for fourth in DII-AA East/Middle, snapped a two-game losing streak by stringing together lopsided wins over Father Ryan and Pearl-Cohn. Last week: No. 6. Streak: Won 2.
5. Cane Ridge (15-1) — The Ravens took a break from beating up on 12-AAA opponents Saturday, instead coasting to a 61-47 win over Mt. Zion Christian (N.C.) at the Music City MLK Roundball Classic. Last week: No. 5. Streak: Won 6.
4. Station Camp (20-0) — The Bison survived a scare Friday but once again came out on top, edging 9-AAA foe Mt. Juliet 59-53 behind Keaton Dotson’s game-high 19 points to remain perfect on the season. Last week: No. 4. Streak: Won 20.
3. Independence (17-1) — Grayson Murphy, Pierre Watkins and Patrick Murphy each scored in double-figures Friday as the Eagles captured an impressive 60-49 non-district win over fellow one-loss foe Oakland. Last week: No. 3. Streak: Won 9.
2. Brentwood Academy (16-1) — The Eagles narrowly escaped with a two-point region win over rival Ensworth on Tuesday before tallying a 63-54 triumph over Pace (Ga.) Saturday at the Music City MLK Roundball Classic. Last week: No. 2. Streak: Won 4.
1. Blackman (18-0) — The unbeaten Blaze, coming off a 63-55 win over Smryna on Friday, hold a 1½-game lead over rival Oakland in the District 7-AAA standings. Last week: No. 1. Streak: Won 18.