Here’s a look at the top boys basketball teams in Middle Tennessee, as ranked by The Tennessean:
10. Maplewood (14-3) — Junior swingman Bo Hodges is among the Midstate leaders in scoring (23.1 ppg), rebounding (15.3 rpg) and assists (8.8 apg) for the 10-AA leading Panthers. Last week: No. 10. Streak: Won 2.
9. Lebanon (16-3) — The Blue Devils, led by senior Kobe Neuble’s 16.3 points per game this month, have strung together three straight District 9-AAA wins since losing to Station Camp on Jan. 8. Last week: No. 9. Streak: Won 3.
8. White County (18-0) — The Warriors, one of just six remaining unbeaten boys teams in the state, have won 12 of their first 18 games by 16 points or more. Last week: No. 8. Streak: Won 18.
7. Ensworth (15-3) — The Tigers, sitting at 2-2 in East/Middle Region play, had their three-game winning streak snapped Thursday, suffering a 72-62 defeat to third-place Pope John Paul II. Last week: No. 6. Streak: Lost 1.
6. Oakland (16-2) — In coach Troy Bond’s first season, the Patriots, one game back of rival Blackman in 7-AAA, are just two victories away from tying last year’s win total of 18. Last week: No. 7. Streak: Won 2.
5. Cane Ridge (16-1) — The Ravens, who own a two-game lead over rival Antioch in District 12-AAA, have reeled off seven straight wins since suffering an 11-point setback to unbeaten Blackman on Dec. 29. Last week: No. 5. Streak: Won 7.
4. Independence (18-1) — The Eagles, winners of 10 in a row, managed to remain unbeaten in District 11-AAA Tuesday, grinding out a 48-40 win at rival Summit. Last week: No. 3. Streak: Won 10.
3. Station Camp (22-0) — Junior guard Chase Freeman is averaging 18.6 points in his past four games, including a 29-point effort in the unbeaten Bison’s 75-68 win over Gallatin on Jan. 19. Last week: No. 4. Streak: Won 22.
2. Brentwood Acad. (17-1) — Junior Jeremiah Oatsvall finished with 24 points in Tuesday’s 64-50 triumph over McCallie, while sophomore teammates Darius Garlund (15 points) and Cam Johnson (10) also scored in double figures. Last week: No. 2. Streak: Won 5.
1. Blackman (19-0) — Blaze seniors Cedriontis Wilson and Deonte’ Alley have shot a combined 43.5 percent (71-of-163) from beyond the 3-point line this season. Last week: No. 1. Streak: Won 18.