Here’s a look at the top boys basketball teams in Middle Tennessee, as ranked by The Tennessean:
10. Maplewood (16-3) — Following last week’s wins over Hume-Fogg and Stratford, the Panthers own a 1.5-game lead over Whites Creek in Region 10-AA. Last week: No. 10. Streak: Won 4.
9. Lebanon (18-3) — The Blue Devils, second in 9-AAA, will be looking to avenge one of two in-state losses when they play host to district-leading Station Camp on Tuesday. Last week: No. 9. Streak: Won 5.
8. White County (20-0) — The Warriors scored a combined 178 points in lopsided wins over District 6-AAA foes Warren County and Stone Memorial. Last week: No. 8. Streak: Won 20.
7. Ensworth (18-3) — After dropping their second East/Middle Region contest of the season, the third-place Tigers bounced back to beat McCallie and Montgomery Bell Academy. Last week: No. 7. Streak: Won 2.
6. Oakland (18-2) — The Patriots have strung together four straight since losing to Independence on Jan. 15, and coach Troy Bond’s team will have a chance to avenge its only other defeat when it travels to Blackman on Tuesday. Last week: No. 6. Streak: Won 4.
5. Cane Ridge (19-1) — Jimmy Greer and Shawn Pirtle scored a combined 34 points to lead 12-AAA leading Ravens to a decisive 69-47 win over second-place Antioch, extending their district lead to 3.5 games. Last week: No. 5. Streak: Won 10.
4. Independence (20-1) —The 11-AAA leading Eagles captured a slow-paced 29-22 victory over district rival Ravenwood on Tuesday before scoring a 73-65 triumph over second-place Centennial on Friday. Last week: No. 4. Streak: Won 12.
3. Station Camp (24-0) — Alcorn State commitment Yalen Reed (17 points), Chase Freeman (18) and Keaton Dotson (13) led the Bison in Friday’s District 9-AAA triumph over Hendersonville. Last week: No. 3. Streak: Won 24.
2. Brentwood Acad. (20-1) — The two-time defending Division II champion Eagles have won their first seven East/Middle Region games by an average of 21.2 points, including Friday’s 57-24 triumph over Father Ryan. Last week: No. 2. Streak: Won 8.
1. Blackman (22-0) — The Blaze survived their closest call of the season Saturday but eventually escaped Border Wars in Birmingham with a 62-60 win over Spain Park (Ala.). Last week: No. 1. Streak: Won 22.