Here’s a look at the top 10 high school boys basketball teams in Middle Tennessee, as ranked by The Tennessean.
10. CPA (21-8) — The Lions, averaging over 10 3-pointers per game, have outscored their first three postseason opponents by a combined 26.6 points. Last week: No. 10. Streak: Won 7.
9. Hillsboro (18-7) — The District 12-AAA champion Burros survived a scare in Saturday’s region quarterfinals, coming from behind to eventually beat fourth-seeded Dickson County 62-53. Last week: No. 9. Streak: Won 4.
8. Maplewood (21-5) — Bo Hodges and the District 10-AA runner-up Panthers will square off with fellow Mr. Basketball finalist Austin Douglas of Cheatham County in Tuesday’s Region 5-AA semifinals. Last week: No. 8. Streak: Won 5.
7. Ensworth (23-5) — The East/Middle Region runner-up Tigers, led by senior Tennessee signee Jordan Bone, secured a trip to the Division II-AA state tournament with Saturday’s 63-43 win over Pope John Paul II. Last week: No. 7. Streak: Won 3.
6. Cane Ridge (24-3) — The Ravens, led by seniors Jimmy Greer and Kyree Elder, can capture the program’s first region semifinal win on Tuesday against 11-AAA champion Independence. Last week: No. 6. Streak: Won 1.
5. White County (29-0) — Senior Jacob Fresh knocked down five 3-pointers and finished with game-high 25 points in Saturday’s 92-43 win for the Warriors, who are averaging a state-leading 80.7 points per game. Last week: No. 5. Streak: Won 29.
4. Independence (26-2) — The Eagles, who’ve won four straight since being upset by Brentwood on Feb. 8, can secure their first region semifinal win in program history Tuesday against 12-AAA runner-up Cane Ridge. Last week: No. 4. Streak: Won 4.
3. Station Camp (32-1) — The Bison escaped with a 60-56 quarterfinal win over Clarksville Northwest on Saturday to set up Tuesday’s semifinal matchup with Lebanon — a team they’ve beaten twice already this season. Last week: No. 3. Streak: Won 4.
2. Brentwood Academy (27-3) — The defending Division II-AA champion Eagles coasted to a second straight state tournament appearance with Saturday’s 40-point throttling of Briarcrest. Last week: No. 2. Streak: Won 6.
1. Blackman (29-0) — The unbeaten Blaze blasted Shelbyville 71-26 in Saturday’s Region 4-AAA quarterfinal, setting up a semifinal matchup with La Vergne on Tuesday. Last week: No. 1. Streak: Won 29.