Here’s a look at the top girls basketball teams in Middle Tennessee, as ranked by The Tennessean:
10. FRA (14-2) — The Lady Panthers, who’ve won three straight since suffering a 39-32 loss to Ensworth, will face off with fellow district unbeaten Ezell-Harding on Tuesday. Last week: No. 10. Streak: Won 3.
9. East Nashville (16-2) — Junior Erica Haynes-Overton (20.2 points per game), senior Le’jzae Davidson (16.8) and sophomore Kaia Upton (13.0) have handled most of the scoring load for the Lady Eagles, who lead 10-AA. Last week: NR. Streak: Won 10.
8. Dickson County (16-3) — The Lady Cougars suffered a surprising 45-42 loss to Brentwood on Friday, but still hold a half-game lead over Ravenwood in the District 11-AAA standings. Last week: No. 7. Streak: Lost 1.
7. Rossview (17-1) — The Lady Hawks, led by the trio of Haylee Croom (10.6 points per game), Karle Pace (10.3) and Mickey Head (10.3), have won seven in a row since suffering their lone loss to Dickson County on Dec. 17. Last week: No. 9. Streak: Won 7.
6. Oakland (13-3) — After dropping a district games to top-ranked Blackman and No. 2 Riverdale, the Lady Patriots bounced back to beat both Stewarts Creek and Independence, helping to solidify a third-place standing in 7-AAA. Last week: No. 6. Streak: Won 2.
5. Wilson Central (18-0) — Lady Wildcats senior Kendall Spray has eclipsed the 29-point mark in each of her last four outings, including a 41-point effort in Wilson Central’s 77-53 win over 9-AAA foe Station Camp. Last week: No. 5. Streak: Won 18.
4. Father Ryan (17-0) — The unbeaten Lady Irish added a pair of impressive East/Middle Region wins last week, knocking off Ensworth and Girls Preparatory Schools to remain perfect on the season. Last week: No. 4. Streak: Won 17.
3. Brentwood Academy (14-4) — The two-time defending champion Lady Eagles suffered their third loss to out-of-state competition on Saturday — 48-39 to Norcross (Ga.) at the Krossover Classic — with the squad’s other defeat coming in their season-opener against top-ranked Blackman. Last week: No. 3. Streak: Lost 1.
2. Riverdale (19-1) — The Lady Warriors, who have strung together 12 straight wins since suffering a 51-48 defeat to Blackman on Dec. 8, will look to avenge that loss when they play the top-ranked Lady Blaze on Friday. Last week: No. 2. Streak: Won 12.
1. Blackman (17-2) — Senior UConn commitment Crystal Dangerfield is averaging close to 25 points per game for the Lady Blaze, who are No. 9 in the USA Today Super 25 national rankings. Last week: No. 1. Streak: Won 5.