Here’s a look at the top girls basketball teams in Middle Tennessee, as ranked by The Tennessean:
10. FRA (15-2) — The Lady Panthers gained sole possession of first place in Division I-A East/Middle Region District 2 with Tuesday’s 66-61 win over fellow two-loss squad Ezell-Harding. Last week: No. 10. Streak: Won 4.
9. East Nashville (16-2) — The Lady Eagles have reeled off 11 straight wins since suffering their only district defeat of the season — a 57-56 Dec.11 loss to Lipscomb, whom they are tied with atop the 10-AA standings. Last week: No. 9. Streak: Won 11.
8. Dickson County (18-3) — Lady Cougars guard Emily Beard has scored 49 points in her past two outings, including a 26-point effort in Thursday’s 64-44 win over Summit, and the 5-foot-6 junior has knocked down 12 3-pointers in that stretch. Last week: No. 8. Streak: Won 2.
7. Rossview (18-1) — At 7-0 in district play, the Lady Hawks, in the midst of an eight-game winning streak, are one game up on Henry County in the race for a 10-AAA regular-season title. Last week: No. 7. Streak: Won 8.
6. Oakland (16-3) — Ole Miss signee Shelby Gibson is averaging 14.3 points and 7.7 rebounds per game for the Lady Patriots, whose three losses have come against No. 3 Brentwood Academy (51-49), No. 2 Riverdale (63-52) and No. 1 Blackman (60-59). Last week: No. 6. Streak: Won 4
5. Wilson Central (19-0) — The Lady Wildcats kept up their winning ways last week, topping rival Mt. Juliet 46-31 behind senior Kendall Spray’s 26-point performance, marking Wilson Central’s first win over the rival Lady Golden Bears since 2011. Last week: No. 5. Streak: Won 19.
4. Father Ryan (17-0) — The Lady Irish, ranked atop Division II in last week’s Associated Press rankings, will square off with fellow East/Middle Region unbeaten Brentwood Academy on Friday. Last week: No. 4. Streak: Won 17.
3. Brentwood Acad. (15-4) — While the Lady Eagles have the most losses of any team on this list, they’ve also played arguably as tough a non-league schedule as any team in the state. Last week: No. 3. Streak: Won 1.
2. Riverdale (19-1) — The wintry weather made the one-loss Warriors wait a little longer for their highly anticipated rematch with 7-AAA rival Blackman, though the two are set to square off at 7:30 p.m. Monday. Last week: No. 2. Streak: Won 12.
1. Blackman (19-2) — After capturing a pair of impressive wins over out-of-state foes at last weekend’s Music City MLK Roundball Classic, the top-ranked Lady Blaze scored its most lopsided victory of the season — a 56-16 triumph over La Vergne on Tuesday. Last week: No. 1. Streak: Won 7.