Here’s a look at the top girls basketball teams in Middle Tennessee, as ranked by The Tennessean:
10. East Nashville (19-2) — The District 10-AA leading Lady Eagles, who haven’t lost since Dec. 11, have defeated their last three opponents (Hume-Fogg, MLK and Lipscomb) by a combined score of 216-93. Last week: No. 9. Streak: Won 13.
9. Rossview (21-1) — After squeaking past Clarksville 59-54 in their 10-AAA opener, the Lady Hawks have won their other nine district games by an average of 39.7 points, including Friday’s 71-16 victory over West Creek. Last week: No. 7. Streak: Won 11.
8. Dickson County (20-3) — Since suffering a surprising 52-45 setback to Brentwood on Jan. 15, the 11-AAA leading Lady Cougars have won four straight by an average of 25 points. Last week: No. 8. Streak: Won 4.
7. Stewarts Creek (18-3) — After dropping three of their first four district games, the Lady Red Hawks, led by first-year coach Lindy Brown King, have strung together four straight 7-AAA victories, including last week’s wins over two USA Today nationally ranked teams — No. 12 Blackman and No. 13 Riverdale. Last week: NR. Streak: Won 4.
6. Father Ryan (18-2) — The previously unbeaten Lady Irish dropped a pair of East/Middle Region games to Harpeth Hall and Brentwood Academy before bouncing back to beat rival Pope John Paul II on Saturday. Last week: No. 4. Streak: Won 1.
5. Oakland (16-4) — After coasting to a 53-point win over 7-AAA foe La Vergne on Tuesday, the third-place Lady Patriots were dealt a disappointing 17-point setback at rival Riverdale on Friday. Last week: No. 6. Streak: Lost 1.
4. Wilson Central (21-0) — The Kendall Spray-led Lady Wildcats, one of five remaining unbeaten girls teams in the state, defeated District 9-AAA foes Beech and Lebanon by a combined 162-84. Last week: No. 5. Streak: Won 22.
3. Riverdale (20-3) — After suffering a pair of District 7-AAA losses to Blackman (71-69) and Stewarts Creek (65-61), the Lady Warriors, ranked No. 13 nationally by USA Today, bounced back to beat rival Oakland by double digits. Last week: No. 2. Streak: Won 1.
2. Brentwood Acad. (16-4) — The Division II-AA East/Middle Region-leading Lady Eagles captured a 50-37 win over third-place Father Ryan on Friday before beating second-place Baylor 53-49 on Saturday. Last week: No. 2. Streak: Won 3.
1. Blackman (19-3) — After pulling off a dramatic 71-69 win over Riverdale earlier in the week, the Lady Blaze, ranked No. 12 nationally by USA Today, suffered their first in-state loss in 62 outings Friday, falling to 7-AAA foe Stewarts Creek 58-53. Last week: No. 1. Streak: Lost 1.