Six more players received their invitations to The Opening Final at the regional event in Charlotte on Sunday, bringing the total to 72 players thus far. The Opening Final is in July in Oregon.
The new group includes three players on offense and three on defense led by the No. 2 athlete in the nation.
- Devon Hunter (Indian River, Va.) is ranked as the No. 1 player in Virginia by the 247Sports Composite, the No. 2 athlete overall and No. 40 nationally. He is listed as a defensive back but also can play wide receiver and is a dual-threat quarterback and has nearly 40 offers.
- Tee Higgins (Oak Ridge, Tenn.) is the No. 1 player in Tennessee, the No. 2 wide receiver in the nation and in the Top 15 nationally. He has 22 offers.
- Khalan Laborn (Ocean Lakes, Va.) is coming off a breakout season and is ranked as the No. 2 player in Virginia. 247Sports also ranks him as the No. 2 all-purpose back in the nation.
- A.J. Terrell (Westlake; Atlanta) is ranked as the No. 21 cornerback and has 21 offers, including much of the Southeastern Conference.
- Sherrod Greene (Rocky Mount, N.C.) is ranked as the No. 9 player in the state of North Carolina and a top 30 outside linebacker.
- Blake Vinson (North Marion, Fla.) has already committed to Clemson and is ranked among the top 50 offensive tackles in the nation.