Two Okahoma commits who are among the top three in-state recruits and three of the top 10 recruits in the state of Texas in the Class of 2017 were among eight players who received invitations to The Opening Final at the regional event in Dallas on Sunday.
- Anthony Hines III, LB, Plano East (Plano, Texas): Ranked No. 2 at his position, No. 10 in the state of Texas and No. 65 overall.
- Jeffrey Okudah, S, South Grand Prairie (Texas). Has 33 offers and is ranked as the No. 1 safety in the nation, the No. 2 player in Texas and No. 7 overall in the nation.
- Baron Browning, ILB, Kennedale (Texas). Ranked No. 2 at his position, No. 13 in the state and No. 17 overall, he decommitted from Baylor in mid-February.
- Xavier Newman, G, DeSoto (Texas). Ranked among the top 50 at his position.
- Levi Draper, LB, Collinsville (Okla.). An Oklahoma commit, he is ranked No. 3 at his position, No. 1 in the state of Oklahoma and No. 85 overall.
- Jack Anderson, G, Frisco (Texas). A Texas Tech commit, he is ranked as the No. 1 guard in the nation, the No. 4 player in Texas and No. 40 overall.
- Tre Brown, CB, Union (Tulsa, Okla.). An Oklahoma commit, he is the No. 3 player in the state and No. 22 at his position.
- O’Maury Samuels, RB, Los Lunas (N.M.). Perhaps the biggest surprise of the day, he has only one offer — from New Mexico State. He posted the top Nike+ Football Rating score of the year during a testing day Saturday at AT&T Stadium with a mark of 142.41.
Here are the positional MVPs from the event:
Shawn Robinson, a TCU quarterback commit from Guyer (Denton, Texas) received the lone Elite 11 invitation at the Dallas regional. Robinson is ranked as the No. 3 dual-threat QB in the Class of 2017 by the 247Sports Composite rankings and the No. 11 player in the state of Texas.