Five players are expected to announce their college decision during Saturday’s broadcast of the Under Armour All-America Game on ESPN2 (noon, ET).
- IMG Academy (Bradenton, Fla.) linebacker Rahshaun Smith: A four-star prospect who is ranked as No. 74 overall on the 247Sports Composite rankings, Smith is down to Clemson, LSU and Auburn. Smith was a Clemson commit at one time and Clemson could still be the favorite.
- North Mesquite (Mesquite, Texas) offensive lineman Jean Delance: The four-star tackle who is ranked No. 10 at the position by the 247Sports Composite has narrowed his choices to LSU, Michigan and Texas, with Texas and Michigan considered the favorites. The lure of playing in his home state might be too much, though. Delance was committed to Oklahoma and then decommitted in March when videos surfaced of fraternity members chanting racist remarks.
- IMG Academy athlete Drake Davis: Named to the American Family Insurance ALL-USA first-team offense as an athlete/specialist, Davis will decide among LSU, Ole Miss and Alabama. He is ranked as the No. 13 wide receiver. Davis is a Mississippi native and his home state school might have the edge, but he also played high school football in Louisiana. Davis named Ole Miss as his favorite in October and initially, there were indications that he would announce earlier this season, but he opted to wait. He visited LSU in November and December.
- Central (Beaumont, Texas) running back Devwah Whaley: A four-star recruit who is ranked as the No. 4 running back in the class, Whaley has taken some criticism from Georgia fans after he decommitted from the school following Mark Richt’s departure. A workhorse back, he ran for more than 1,500 yards on 230 carries with 21 touchdowns. Staying in Texas seems likely, but his recruiting has taken some turns along the way. Is another one in the offing?
- DeMatha Catholic (Hyattsville, Md.) offensive lineman Terrance Davis: The four-star prospect is the No. 2 guard in the class. He is down to Florida, Michigan and Maryland. Davis has not previously committed anywhere. “The pressure was more on me because I waited long, but for me, once I commit, I commit,” he said. “There are guys who committed and decommited two times. I wasn’t with that.”