1. West Florida (7-2) — While the Jaguars might not have made the biggest statement of the week last Friday, West Florida is the only area team with a win over the red-hot Gulf Breeze Dolphins. The Jaguars and Dolphins are the only teams in the top five that have yet to fall at home to an area team this year. The Jaguars lead the area with a six-game win streak.
Next: Hosts Washington Friday.
2. Gulf Breeze (8-1) — The “streak snappers” avoided a decade of losses to Navarre and ended a 20-game regular season win streak for the Raiders (previously No. 1) last week. The Dolphins lead the area in passing and swept District 2-6A.
Next: Friday at Crestview.
3. Navarre (8-1) — A three-point loss yielded a two-spot drop for the Raiders. The Raiders hold one of the toughest end-of-season schedules, and will close with Niceville this week.
Next: Friday at Niceville.
4. Escambia (4-5) — The Gators put up 30 points or more for the fourth time this season in a 36-10 win over Washington last week. They’ll take on a familiar rival this week to reload a classic tradition.
Next: Friday at Pensacola High.
5. Tate (8-2) — The Aggies won the biggest game of the year last week and punched their ticket to the playoffs with a 28-21 win over Pine Forest. The Aggies are off this Friday and will begin preparing for a first-round playoff vs. Gulf Breeze.
6. Pine Forest (6-3) — After starting the season as one of the area’s favorites, the Pine Forest Eagles saw their playoff hopes slip away last week in a loss to Tate. They’ll close this week with the defending Class 3A state champion.
Next: Hosts Jacksonville Trinity Christian Friday.
7. Pace (4-5) — The Pace Patriots reclaimed the Bronze Helmet in a battle with Milton after stuffing a two-point conversion. The Patriots will look to hold their position as the Catholic Crusaders will be eyeing their spot this week.
Next: Hosts Catholic Friday.
8. Catholic (4-5) — Catholic was off last Friday but lost a chance at the playoffs in a three-team shootout Monday night. The Crusaders will aim to finish an injury-riddled year on a high note this week.
Next: Friday at Pace.
9. Pensacola High (1-8) — The Pensacola High Tigers were unable to find their second win against the tough West Florida Jaguars last week. While the playoff hunt is done for PHS, they can finish the season strong and reclaim the prize in the ‘Battle for Ye Olde Wash Boiler’ this week.
Next: Hosts Escambia Friday.
10. Washington (1-8) — Last Friday, the Wildcats were held to their lowest scoring output (in a District 1-6A game) this season. Washington remembers upsetting West Florida to close last season and will aim to repeat the result this week.
Next: Friday at Washington.
11. Milton (2-7) — It came down to the final play, but Milton was unable to defend their title in the Battle for the Bronze Helmet vs. Pace. The Panthers will be ready for a shootout this week in a rematch of a game that combined for more than 90 points last year.
Next: Hosts Panama City Arnold Friday.
12. Northview (6-4) — The Chiefs failed to prevent a District 1-1A sweep in a 38-0 loss to Baker last week. Northview is idle this week and will prepare for a road game in the first round of the playoffs.
13. Jay (1-8) — After a strong rushing attack and finding their first win in Week 9, the Royals were off last Friday. Jay will travel Friday for its final game of the season.
Next: Friday at South Walton.