Sixteen finalists remain for USA Basketball’s Men’s U16 National team that will compete in the FIBA Americas U16 Championship in Argentina from June 14-18.
The 16 players were chosen from a group of 32 that was invited to participate in a training camp over the last few days. The final 12-member team is expected to be announced late Monday.
“As far as getting down to the final 12, some kids are going to show us a little more than they did over the past few days, and some players may not show as much,” coach Don Showalter said. “I think they’ll separate themselves in the next three or four practices.
“Overall, with the 32 kids we had in here this weekend, I was really impressed with how locked in they all were. They were really good teammates. This is my fifth U16 group, and this might be the best overall group that we’ve had as a unit for attitude, hard work, effort. They helped each other, they really wanted to make each other better, and I think that was great.”
Here are the 16 finalists:
- Jabri Abdur-Rahim (Seton Hall Prep School/Short Hills, N.J.)
- Scottie Barnes (Cardinal Newman/Welllington, Fla.)
- Vernon Carey Jr. (University School/Southwest Ranches, Fla.)
- Eric Dixon (Abington/Willow Grove, Pa.)
- Jalen Green (San Joaquin Memorial/Fresno, Calif.)
- Lynn Greer III (Roman Catholic/Philadelphia)
- R.J. Hampton (Little Elm/Little Elm, Texas)
- De’Vion Harmon (John Guyer/Corinth, Texas)
- Zion Harmon (Bowling Green/Bowling Green, Ky.)
- Nico Mannion (Pinnacle/Scottsdale, Ariz.)
- Wendell Moore Jr. (Cox Mill/Concord, N.C.)
- Jeremy Roach (Paul VI Catholic/Leesburg, Va.)
- Jalen Suggs (Minnehaha Academy/St. Paul, Minn.)
- Isaiah Todd (John Marshall/Richmond, Va.)
- Romeo Weems (New Haven/Chesterfield, Mich.)
- James Wiseman (The Ensworth School/Nashville)