The USA Basketball Women’s U16 National Team announced its 2019 roster Thursday night.
The team includes six players apiece in the current sophomore and freshman classes.
RELATED: 2019 U16 Men’s Roster
Here are the members of the team, split by class.
- Sonia Citron, G, The Ursuline School (Scarsdale, N.Y.)
- Amari DeBerry, F, Williamsville South H.S. (Buffalo, N.Y.)
- Olivia Miles, PG, Blair Academy (Phillipsburg, N.J.)
- Aaliyah Moore, F, Moore H.S. (Okla.)
- Saylor Poffenbarger, G, Middletown H.S. (Md.)
- Payton Verhulst, G, Bishop Meige H.S. (De Soto, Kan.)
- Janiah Barker, F, Tampa Bay Tech H.S. (Fla.)
- Lauren Betts, P, Grandview H.S. (Centennial, Colo.)
- KK Bransford, G, Mount Notre Dame H.S. (Cincinnati)
- Timea Gardiner, F, Fremont H.S. (Ogden, Utah)
- Londynn Jones, PG, Santiago H.S. (Riverside, Calif.)
- Kiki Rice, PG, Sidwell Friends School, (Washington, D.C.)
Several of these players were named to ALL-USA Teams.
Verhulst is two-time ALL-USA player, being named to the Second Team Kansas as a freshman and First Team as a sophomore. DeBerry made the First Team New York, Miles was a Second Team New Jersey and Moore was a Second Team Oklahoma.
Kiki Rice was the only member of the 2022 class to make an All-State team this year, being named to the ALL-USA First Team Washington, D.C.
The national team will play in the 2019 FIBA Americas U16 Championship in Puerto Aysen, Chile from June 16-22.